435 South "D" Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
Arturo Casillas was appointed the new Oxnard Housing Director effective August 3, 2015.
Arturo is no stranger to the City, having been an Oxnard resident for over 40 years.
Arturo brings with him a mix of strategic planning, budgeting, grant applications, Section 8 housing choice voucher program management, resident involvement and affordable housing development experience. He has a strong belief in good government and is passionate about his career in public service.
Arturo comes to Oxnard with over twenty-eight years of experience with the Oxnard Housing Authority, and over five years’ experience with the Oxnard School District as a grants consultant. As an individual who is fluent in English and Spanish, he will be able to communicate with a diverse cross-section of the community.
Arturo is a past member of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO), and the Housing Authority Association of Southern California (HAASC).
Contributing to Arturo’s strong leadership and organizational management style is a broad educational background. He holds two master’s degrees from California Lutheran University, majoring in public administration and counseling and guidance, and a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara, majoring in Political Science with an emphasis on Latin American studies.
The mission of the Housing Department is to provide decent, safe, attractive, sanitary and well maintained housing for eligible low and very low income families in a manner that promotes commitment, exemplary customer services, economy, efficiency, and the social well being of the residents.
|Grants Management||(805) 385-7493|
|Affordable Housing & Rehabilitation Division||(805) 385-7400|
|Need assistance in purchasing a home, repairing your home or replacing your mobile home? Find out more information here.|
|Housing Administrative Services||(805) 385-8041|
|Resident Services Program||(805) 385-7574|
|Homeless Assistance||(805) 385-8044|
|Mobilehome Rent Stabilization/Fair Housing||(805) 385-8095|
|Public Housing Rental Assistance||(805) 385-8114|
|Section 8 Rental Assistance||(805) 385-8097|
- REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) FOR PLANNING OF WINTER AND YEAR-AROUND SHELTER FOR HOMELESS PERSONS IN THE CITY OF OXNARD
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TO CONDUCT 2016 POINT IN TIME COUNT
- Request for Proposals for Mobile Home Rent Stabilization Hearing Officer Services
- City assistance to first-time homebuyers looking to purchase and repair fixer-uppers
- Notice of Public Hearing, Unmet Needs of Low-Income Persons Related to Affordable Housing, Homelessness, Public Facilities and Improvements, Public Services and Economic Development
Aviso de Audiencia Pública, Necesidades insatisfechas de personas de bajos ingresos relacionadas a la vivienda asequible, la indigencia, las instalaciones públicas y su mejoramiento, Servicios Públicos y desarrollo económico
- Staff Report - The City of Oxnard's Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the Fiscal Year 2013-2014 (PDF - 40 MB)
- NOTICE OF DOCUMENT AVAILABILITY DRAFT CONSOLIDATED ANNUAL PERFORMANCE AND EVALUATION REPORT
- AVISO DE DISPONIBILIDAD DE DOCUMENTOS BORRADOR DEL INFORME ANNUAL CONSOLIDADO DEL DESEMPEÑO Y EVALUACIÓN
- Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds for City of Oxnard Residential Rehabilitation Projects Using RER/Appendix A Tiered Review Protocol
File Viewing Information
|This page contains Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf) files.
To view PDF documents please download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
|To view Microsoft Powerpoint presentations, please download and install the free Powerpoint Viewer or the LibreOffice Productivity Suite.|